Jumat, 15 Mei 2009

Police and Girls

Tags


I haven't posted anything in quite awhile. We've had a Birthday party for Caleb and for Josh. Both were fun and I will have to post pictures later. I do want to tell you a story though. This one starts at 1:00 AM when I got home from my weekly girls night. I locked up the house with the regular lock, the deadbolt, and the extra lock we have on top. Caleb has been just pushing the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs whichever way he wants and he gets out so I did not put it up. I went upstairs and Josh and I went to bed. Around 2:30ish in the morning Josh and I awoke to banging on the door downstairs, when that failed to get us there quick enough the doorbell started ringing incessantly. With a bat in hand we ran down the stairs to see what the devil was going on. When Josh opened the door a flashlight was flashed in his face and a police man and two women were there asking us "Is this your son?". Josh and I STILL are in shock! Caleb had gotten up in the middle of the night and without shoes or pants on decided to go out for a run as he tells us. A lady in another building heard him outside crying for his Mommy and she tried to walk him around the complex to look for his home. When he couldn't point out his house she called the police and when he showed up Caleb told him "I'm Caleb Joseph and I 3" Then he took him and brought the people right to our house. Lets just say Josh and i are buying even more locks for our door and we have taught Caleb ALL of our first and last names and what building we live in and are currently working on phone numbers more than we already were before the incident.


P.S. Later that day Caleb literally tongued a little neighbor girl! He is a boy and a Larsen through and though. (although I think Josh was a decade or so older when the police brought him home for the first time.)


EmoticonEmoticon