Sabtu, 27 Agustus 2011

Abigail Florence Larsen

Tags


This is Miss Abigail :) She is just so gorgeous.


I never introduced my baby girl. Although she is now 7 weeks tomorrow. Here is what she looks like now.

I couldn't get a much better picture than that. She smiles now but she wouldn't for the camera.

Abigail came into this world August 6th, 2011 weighing 6lbs 15oz and 20.5 inches long. She was 3 days late and I was done being pregnant so we induced her. Once I was ready to push it took 2 pushes and she was out! The Dr. said that she started to spin out of the birth canal one way and then stopped and spun 270 degrees the opposite way and then flew out. That's why her head is so perfectly round. (well was cuz it sure isn't now). When she was born she was severely tongue-tied which led to a whole mess of problems nursing and we have just barely been doing well at it. She lost a bunch of weight from not being able to nurse so as of last Monday she weighed 8lbs 11oz.

Abigail had jaundice bad enough that she spent two nights under the Bili lights. What we found out is that Abigail has A+ blood and I have O+ blood so our blood wasn't working together and Abbie's body couldn't get rid of my blood fast enough so she got jaundice worse than she would have if she was the same blood. Now all of my kids have had high jaundice levels but only Jonah and Abbie had to be under the lights for it. So maybe Jonah is A+ blood too. Josh always thought he was O+ blood type but apparently he isn't because the only way that Abbie can be be A blood is if Josh is A blood also :) it's been a fight between us because Josh jokes that Abbie must not be his LOL. I used to give blood and so I have a donor card with my blood type on it. Next time the Red Cross is in town donating blood I'm going to make him go and hopefully they'll send him the same type of card and we'll know for certain.

Any who back to Abs. She is just so cute and is now learning to smile and does it quite often. She's a pretty good sleeper and still gets up every 2-3 hours to eat but last night she slept 5 hours straight! I don't think my body knew what to do with that. All the kids love Abbie and love to kiss and hold her. I can't wait for her to get a bit bigger so they won't hurt her so much when they try to love on her. She has been such a fun addition to our family and I'm so glad she came to us. She is the perfect ending to our family :) (And no Casie there will not be a whoops baby, we've already had our share of those LOL).


EmoticonEmoticon