Rabu, 12 Agustus 2009

My Big 'SMART' Boy :)

Tags

I have been trying to potty train Caleb since he showed interest at 18 months. He does fabulous at telling me when he has to go potty or just going by himself but for the LIFE OF ME I cannot get him to poo on the toilet. I have tried bribing him with everything imaginable but no matter what when i put him on the toilet he'll just scream bloody murder and frantically ask me to put a pull up on him.

Lately, he's just been telling me that it's 'way scary' and that's why he won't do it. I've tried toilet seat covers, little potties, big potties, and the latest suggestion was presents. I showed Caleb what the presents were before I covered them up and he is so excited for them but he still will not go on the toilet. Anywho, yesterday my Dad came back from Russia and came over yesterday to give Caleb a souvenir. After he left Caleb ran the batteries out of the toy, literally, and was eating lunch when he turned and said to me "Mommy, I LOVE my new present......(then said in an sing song voice and a big smile on his face).....and I didn't have to poop for it!"

I'm still giggling over it.


EmoticonEmoticon