Rabu, 04 November 2009

Jonah Emmett Larsen

Tags


Not the best picture of me but it was cute because Caleb just wanted to be in the picture with the baby :)

INTRODUCING BABY JONAH
8lbs 3oz and 20 inches
He came out with his fingers in his mouth! LOL Silly boy he'd almost rather have them than me.
I usually think newborns are not the cutest things on the earth but I really think Jonah is such a handsome guy... and he has some guns on him already! Look how happy he is already to be here :)
I went for my 39 week check up on Monday and my Dr informed me he'd be out of town for most of the week. So we could wait to go into labor on our own like I wanted to and risk him not being here or we could go in and be induced. The hospital was full on Monday so we scheduled the induction for Tuesday. We were third on the list so we were thinking we'd get a call around 10....um they called at 6 AM!!! We hopped out of bed and frantically made the last minute plans/preparations and ran straight to the hospital.
They wanted to break my water right away but Jonah's head was really really high and they didn't want the cord to slip out and then have to do a c-section so we started pitocin at 8:45 and broke water later around 1:00.
I stood up a lot during this labor and it's a good thing I did because Jonah had a bigger head than normal babies and so he wasn't coming down the birth canal very well. I just don't even know where to start for my labor story so I guess I'll just say that it hurt like nothing I've even felt before and I'm so glad that I was able to let go of my "I can do it myself" approach to dealing with pain and let Josh help me. He was the best coach ANYONE could ever have. He did the breathing with me and whispered words of encouragement to me and did whatever I needed him too. Even assisting in delivering the baby even though he wasn't sure he wanted too. (The Dr was yelled at him to get back over to me after I gave birth and deliver the placenta too but he escaped since he had to take pictures of the baby LOL).
I knew I was really really sore after I had the baby but I think I had so much adrenaline and endorphins running amok in my body that I didn't realize that my tail bone was sore for about an hour. I had a really rough night and didn't want to complain but when the day nurse came in to find me standing up eating my breakfast she deduced that I didn't bruise my tail bone but broke it and decided to take drastic measures. I was given a Motrin and offered a Loritab which I took after the pain wasn't letting up. When the DR came I told him how I was feeling and he told me while delivering he heard a POP but since I didn't complain and was up walking around he didn't say anything either. LOL you probably had to be there but I've been giggling about that comment since he said it.
It's been hard being home but I couldn't take the hospital I missed my family and my home. I'm so lucky to have such a great support from all my friends and family they have already been such a huge help over the past few days and even the past few weeks. I'm going to bed now Love you all :)


EmoticonEmoticon