Kamis, 31 Juli 2008

Good Times.....NOT

Tags

Alot has happened in the past week. I decided to get a job outside of the home again. The only thing I could find was a waitressing job at a local breakfast chain resturaunt. I was actually quite excited because my aunt was a waitress for many many years and she said that most of the time it was quite profitable. I went and turned in my application and the guy asked if I wanted a 'formal' interview. I said "Yes....." so he told me to come back Monday around 5ish.

When I came in that Monday the Assistant Manager hadn't been told I was coming but she had seen my application hanging up on the wall so she went and got it and interviewed me. When the interview was done she said to come back Thursday at 3:30 to complete my training videos and tests and create a schedule. Then she hesitated and said "unless Howie (the Manager) wants a second interview i'll call you, if not come on Thursday". I was like uh....... ok.

When I showed up Thursday the Manager had not remember I was coming in. He got me the employee packet and left the resturaunt. When he got back an hour later he took me into the back where he had me watch videos for about 1 1/2 hours. Then I had to take three, four page front and back, tests! As I took the tests he gave me all the answers I didn't know and proceeded to point out all the faults and gossip in the employees on shift. When that was finally over 4 hours later I asked if I was going to get some kind of schedule and he complained that he had to do that too. He quickly told me to come back Saturday at 5:00 P.M.

When I came Saturday the Assistant Manager paired me with one of the waitresses, Kelly, to train and this is where it all hit the fan for me! There were 3 waiters/waitresses working that night. Kelly, Mary, John (fake names are used in this writing to protect the stupid). Kelly and Mary used to be friends but Mary broke up Kelly and her boyfriend. Also Mary is roommates with one of the male cooks who is Kelly's best friends fiance. And this cook told his girlfriend that he was living with a male co-worker......Oh my goodness I could go on and on and on about the drama in that place.... All of them drink, smoke, hangout and drink together after work. The whole time they were talking about sex and drugs and one of the customers they hooked up with last night and had a one night stand.... And the Assistant Manager was in on all of this also! Kelly and John were also conspiring to steal tables from Mary so that she didn't make as much money.

IT WAS 10 HOURS OF MADNESS!

When I was finally able to go home I told Josh about my experience and with a little fasting and praying and not a lot of pushing I called the next day and told them I wouldn't be in to finish my training. They said "funny enough you aren't the first person to come to 1 training and never come back". They all thought that was funny.

I think I'm fine staying at home and babysitting oodles of little ones because at least they are innocent and sane!


EmoticonEmoticon