Sabtu, 19 April 2008

Candid Caleb

Tags

Life at the Larsen household is busy as always. With 7 kids running around my house i'm never short of adventure and mischief. Mostly, to my dismay, from my son. I now believe every child should come with cow bells.

Caleb wanted to go downstairs the other morning and we told him we'd go in a minute and he said "OK" and went over and OPENED the door! So now at any given time throughout the day I hear all sorts of doors opening and words like "Cookie" and "Tato" coming from the kitchen (Caleb loves to eat raw potatoes that I have in the pantry). I'm not looking forward to when he can open the fridge there's so much more in there that he likes to eat.

Well, yesterday morning I was looking to redress my blog when I hear a blood curtling scream come from my daughter. I ran in and her whole face was red from being so angry and she had something wet on her nose where it was the wettest. I asked Caleb "What happend?" and he said "Mommy, I bite!" Then when I took one of my babies up to take a nap I came down to hear muffled screams again from my daughter. I found her on the couch under the cushions!

Later last night everyone ditched me so I went and grabbed myself a pizza and sat down to relax for a bit when I heard SILENCE coming from the kitchen where Caleb was playing. I went to take a look and he told me "Petezy Mommy" He pronounces pizza (Pete-z). He totally got this off the counter in one piece all by himself and was picking every pepperoni off the slices and eating it.
About 10 minutes after the pizza event I heard SILENCE coming from the backyard. (Note: Earlier, when I went to get the pizza I couldn't find the keys to my van so I had to use the spare.) I went out to spy on Caleb and this is what I found.

notice anything familiar in the ignition!
That little turd stole Josh's hat and my keys and when I said Caleb what are you doing he said "I Driving" He was very proud of himself.

You think it would stop there but the night just got better! I heard some weird noises coming from Caleb's bedroom I went to check on him and I didn't see anything to out of the ordinary except Caleb had stripped his bed. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I Jumping". I pulled the mattress up and this is what I found. He actually broke a third spoke but I jimmy-rigged it so it's permanently in place again.
Alas, this FUN day had to end :( Josh and I put Caleb to bed just like we always do. He was pretty much asleep, or so we thought, so we kissed him goodnight. As we closed the door we heard EWWWWW and watched as our baby boy wiped off our KISSES!

Now I know what your thinking "Where was this boys Mother?" Well I was trying to watch TV so I guess that's what I get for not paying attention. But maybe a little part of it is that boys will just be boys.


EmoticonEmoticon