Jumat, 06 Juni 2008

Cool Cats

Tags



We got Caleb a guitar at DI while we were looking around. It didn't have batteries at the time and so we thought it was safe. Afterwards, we went to Tristan and Kori's and Tristan, being who he is, got Caleb some batteries and that's where it all started. He asks for this guitar upon waking and plays it for hours. He puts on his sunglasses and puts his leg in the air and plays the guitar. I hope that Caleb keeps loving his sister this much forever. Natalie loves him too. I was trying to catch a few more zzz's on the couch while Caleb and Natalie were playing and watching TV and I caught Caleb ROLLING his sissy around the room. I mean literally around the whole entire room. I started to yell at him and then realized Natalie was laughing.
Josh has been working with this guy, kirk, from work on his music. Kirk has apparently been around the block in part of the music world and he has a few songs already recorded and he wants Josh to lay down vocal tracks to them. He also is encouraging Josh to go and get some of his stuff recorded so that they can go out to Nashville in a few months and talk to some of Kirks contacts.

Now, Nashville isn't necessarily where I saw Josh's music going but I love Country music so i'm not complaining. I see him as a mix of Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts or something like that.
I was reading online and if you are just a songwriter and you sell your song you receive 9.1 Cents in royalties everytime that song is played or sold or whatever. So if you have a number one hit the average money made is $3,000,000! I told Josh just to be a songwriter and then we can be rich and he wouldn't have to travel the globe and be away from our family. hehehe.


EmoticonEmoticon